Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Find Your Fit

Good morning, busy moms. I hope you all doing wonderfully today. I sure am because I was able to get in my first crossfit workout in a really long time. I know as a busy mom it can be tough to make time to work out. Between getting the kids up, getting to work, taking the kids to different events cleaning the house, cooking the dinner, and so on we find it difficult to take the time to stay fit. 
Now, I'm not talking to you from a perfectionist stand point. It's been a long time since I've been to the gym. It's even been a long time since I've hopped on the stationary bike or gone for a walk. But because of this lapse in time, I'm realizing how important it is. This morning I was huffing and puffing like the chain-smoker during crossfit. I felt out of shape. At one point in my work out I was actually praying to God to give me the stamina and breath to keep going. 
The workout today just emphasized the fact that working out is so important for everyday lives. There are so many times when I want to run and play and have fun with my kids but I have physical limitations... not because I'm not strong enough but because I'm not fit enough.
So, once again I'm figuring out that IT HAS TO BE A LIFESTYLE. And the way you make it a lifestyle change is you find your fit. Find that workout that doesn't feel like work. Find the fitness routine that fits your personality. If you like being outdoors find a fitness activity that's outdoors. Don't do it at home in front of a television. Get outside and get moving. However if you are someone who doesn't like to sweat, doesn't like the trees and has severe allergies don't take hiking. Don't pick running outdoors. 
If you're a loner, try swimming or bike riding. If your social butterfly like myself take a class... join a gym. Whatever it takes find your fit. If you like what you're doing, you're more likely to keep doing it.  

**If you look closely on the wall below, you can see my name and the beloved Rx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment